BFS Criteria for Service Stations
1. Bicycle Service
The service station is responsible for servicing the bicycle, a basic service that includes change of brake linings; change of cable; adjustment of gearboxes, steering, seats; patching pneumatics, replacing tires; centering wheels.
A service station must have the following available:
1. One set of bicycle repair tools: a set of imbus keys from 2 to 10, a foldable bicycle tool kit, a parrot pliers, a wrench, plastic tire removers, star or fork spanner keys from 4 to 20.
2. One bicycle repair stand
3. A kit for patching tires
4. Bicycle pump
5. Lubricant, liquid or spraying, for chain lubrication.
6. Charging units for pedelec.
3. Spare Parts
A service station must always have spare parts:
1. A complete set of brake linings for the disks of different manufacturers;
2. 3 sets of brake pads from different manufacturers;
3. 6 cables (3 pcs for transmission, 3 pcs for brakes);
4. Tires for each type of bike – one pair of each vehicle size (for road 700×23-28, for trekking 700×28-35, for MTB 26,25,5 and 29).