All interested registered legal entities in the territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina are invited to submit their applications for the certification of facilities suitable for cyclists (Bike Friendly Standard).
Registered subjects who wish to submit their applications can apply within one of the following categories of the Bike Friendly Standard:
- BFS for accommodation facilities, intended for different categories of accommodation: accommodation in agricultural/rural farms, apartments, boarding houses, holiday homes, camps, motels, hotels and hostels. The total price of certification within this category is 526.50 KM.
For accommodation facilities, in cooperation with the Office for European Integration of West Herzegovina Canton, we provided an additional possibility of promotion through a Spanish company that promotes bike friendly accommodation facilities through its promotion channels.
- BFS for catering establishments, which include the following catering establishments: restaurants, cafes, pubs, pastry shops, gas stations, shopping centers, etc. The total price of certification within this category is 438.75 KM.
- BFS for travel agencies, and is intended for travel agencies, tourist information centers, etc. The total price of certification within this category is 391.95 KM.
- BFS for service stations, which include: bicycle repair services, services in bicycle shops, shopping centers, auto repair shops, agricultural machinery services. The total price of certification within this category is 391.95 KM.
- BFS for garages and parking lots with natural and cultural attractions, pedestrian zones, museums, galleries, old town cores, caves, rivers, lakes, waterfalls, etc. The total price of certification within this category is 345.15 KM.
After successful certification, your facilities will be promoted on the market via our specialized website www.bikefriendlystandard.com , and the most important European outdoor platform www.outdooractive.com .
The Association for Economic Development REDAH Mostar is the Regional Technical Secretariat for the Bike Friendly Standard for Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Montenegro.
Currently, a total of 60 facilities are certified in all categories in the territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Croatia.
Bike Friendly is a well-known synonym for cyclist-friendly services. Services marked with the Bike Friendly label are facilities/services/attractions, etc. that meet the minimum standards adapted to cycle tourists and their needs, i.e. entities that are recognized for their efforts to create a pleasant atmosphere for cycle tourists. Bike Friendly Standard is a program that, for the needs of cycle tourism, gives recognition and certification to service providers who, meeting the conditions, support bicycle rides, bicycle trips and bicycle tourist experiences in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Montenegro.
It is intended for different categories of facilities/services/attractions that want their service to adapt as much as possible to the needs of this specific type of tourist. Depending on the type of facilities/services/attractions and their size, the Bike Friendly Standard (BFS) gives all interested parties the opportunity to join this process and create more favorable conditions in the region for the development of this specific segment of the tourist offer, and to promote their services and make a financial profit.
Interested legal entities can find application forms for each category of the Bike Friendly Standard at the following link: https://www.bikefriendlystandard.com/dokumentacija/
More details about the standard and the certification process can be found on the website www.bikefriendlystandard.com
The completed application form with the requested documentation should be sent by e-mail to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
All additional information can be obtained from the following contacts:
Association for economic development REDAH
BNR 15, 88000 Mostar
e-mail: [email protected]
Tel. 036 557 210, 063 295 767