All interested registered legal entities in the territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Republic of Serbia and Montenegro are invited to submit their applications for certification of Bike Friendly Standard facilities.
Registered entities wishing to submit their applications may apply within one of the following Bike Friendly Standard categories:
- BFS for accommodation, intended for different categories of accommodation: accommodation in agriculture farms, apartments, pensions, holiday homes, camps, motels, hotels and hostels. The total cost of certification within this category is 230 Euros plus VAT, payment in the local currency of the country.
- BFS for catering, which includes the following catering establishments: restaurants, cafes, pubs, patisseries, gas stations, shopping canters, etc. The total cost of certification within this category is 190 Euros plus VAT, payment in the local currency of the country.
- BFS for travel agencies, intended for travel agencies, tourist info canters, etc. The total cost of certification within this category is 170 Euros plus VAT, payment in the local currency of the country.
- BFS for service stations, which include: bicycle repair services, services within bicycle shops, shopping centers, car services, agricultural mechanization services. The total cost of certification within this category is 170 Euros plus VAT, payment in the local currency of the country.
- BFS for public garages and parking in natural and cultural attractions, pedestrian zones, museums, galleries, old town cores, caves, rivers, lakes, waterfalls, etc. The total cost of certification within this category is 150 Euros plus VAT, payment in the local currency of the country.
The REDAH Mostar Economic Development Association is the Regional Technical Secretariat for Bike Friendly Standard for Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Montenegro.
Bike Friendly is a commonly known synonym for cycling-friendly services. Bike Friendly labeled services are facilities/services/ attractions, etc. that meet the minimum standards tailored to cyclists and their needs, ie entities that are recognized for their efforts to create a comfortable atmosphere for cyclists. Bike Friendly Standard is a program that recognizes and certifies, for cyclotourism purposes, the service providers who, by qualifying, support cycling mobility, cycling routes and cycling tourism experiences in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Montenegro.
It is intended for different categories of facilities /services/attractions that want their service to adapt as much as possible to the needs of this specific type of tourist. Depending on the type of facilities / services / attractions and their size, Bike Friendly Standard (BFS) empowers everyone interested in joining this process, creating more favorable conditions in the region for the development of this specific segment of the tourist offer, and at the same time promoting their services and make a financial profit.
Interested legal entities from the territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Republic of Serbia and Montenegro, application forms for each category of Bike Friendly Standard can be found at the following link: https://www.bikefriendlystandard.com/dokumentacija/
More details about the standard and certification process can be found at www.bikefriendlystandard.com
The completed application form with the required documentation should be sent by e-mail to the following e-mail addresses:
Bosna i Herzegovina:
BFS Regional Technical Secretariat
Asocijacija za ekonomski razvitak REDAH
BNR 15, 88000 Mostar
Tel. 036 557 210
BFS National Technical Secretariat
NVU Turistički klaster Montenegro
Radoja Dakića bb, IPC Tehnopolis
Tel. 067 743 421
BFS National Technical Secretariat
Regionalna razvojna agencija Zlatibor
Petra Ćeloviča bb, 31000 Užice
Tel. 031 523 065
Applications are received by 11/29/2019. until 14 h. All additional information can be obtained from the above contacts.